Job Title: Senior IT Support Technician (2nd Line)
Package: Competitive remuneration DOE, 25 days basic holiday, Life Assurance, Contributory Pension, Healthcare Scheme, sick pay after 6 months, Access to our learning academyApply Now
We currently have a new vacancy for a Senior IT Support Technician (2nd Line) in the IT Team based in Bournemouth. This is a full time, permanent, office based position.
The role of the Senior IT Support 2nd Line Technician is to provide a high level of technical support for all employees across the Group of Companies. The IT Support team works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, and in person requiring excellent communication skills.
The key competencies required for this role are:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an IT Support Role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of PC’s and mobile devices in the standalone and networked environment.
- Previous experience in remote support for 50+ users across multiple locations.
- Demonstrable experience of providing a high standard of customer service.
- Service Support ITIL foundation qualification
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent, including a good standard of general education in Maths and English
- Microsoft Certifications
- IT qualifications (educational or suitable industry certifications)
- To communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- The ability to support Windows server / workstations at 2rd \ 3rd line level competency.
- Ability to Support Windows Server environment.
- Networking Windows and Apple Mac, desktop and mobile systems, software, and services.
- Administering Active Directory, File Permissions, O365, Microsoft Azure and Wireless technologies.
- Administration of Private Networks, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS and Public Cloud Technologies.
- The ability to support modern network infrastructure devices including routers, managed switches, firewalls, VLANs, Quality of service and current cabling standards.
- Administrating and maintaining Virtualisation technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Network Security and Compliance.
- Administering and supporting an MDM infrastructure.
- Administrating multiple licencing agreements.