Group Regulatory, Governance and Compliance Manager
An exciting new opportunity has become available at Ceuta Group – we currently have an important vacancy for a Group Regulatory, Governance and Compliance (RGC) Manager .
This is a full time, permanent position reporting to The Chief Financial Officer. Although based in our Bournemouth Head Office the role will involve travel to the other Group companies.
The successful candidate will be Ceuta Group’s governance expert and will ensure that the Group’s governance framework is coherent and compliant in all respects. As RGC Manager you will support the management of risk and ensure that the Group is compliant with its regulatory and statutory obligations and will have overall responsibility for policy development and maintenance, as well as acting as Company Secretary for all Group companies.
The key competencies required for this role are:
- Significant experience in finance, with at least ten years in senior management
- Experience of managing professional staff
- 5 years’ experience as an RGC manager
- Degree-level education
- Qualified member of an accountancy body
- The ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making in order to be an effective partner to the business and find pragmatic solutions
- The ability to work closely with senior stakeholders and influence effectively
- The ability to clearly and confidently articulate regulatory expectations and standards, in relation to current business practices and new initiatives
- A commercial approach to develop the Group’s regulatory, governance and compliance function and develop a positive compliance culture
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate a team with a varied and complex workload, ensuring that there are appropriate procedures and reporting mechanisms in place
- To have attention to detail to ensure that work is completed accurately and within agreed timeframes.
- The ability to pro-actively keep up to date with current regulatory legislation and highlight risks and opportunities in a proactive way.
- An awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, regulatory and market environment in which Ceuta Group operates
- The ability to use excel to an intermediate level to analyse data and provide insight recommendations to senior leadership